|Chance just happened to be the name of his best friend whom John invited along to attend last weekend’s Men’s Summit at Bison Ranch. But it turned out to be way more on purpose, than chance, as this one man’s life was forever changed when he received the free gift of salvation.|
But he wasn’t the only man strongly impacted as a group of 60 guys came together to be encouraged and equipped to live out their faith.
New relationships were formed, and new commitments for discipleship were made as this strategic men’s event unfolded over the weekend. I had the privilege of speaking to the group about a man’s identity and purpose, encouraging them to consider their “cause, companions and convictions”.
“Until you find a cause worth dying for, you will not have a cause worth living for.”—Patrick Morley
We talked about finding something to give ourselves to, someone to share it with, and a system of beliefs that explains how to make sense of our lives—the essence of manhood.
Thank you! Your support of Team English made this ministry opportunity possible.
|An Encouraging Start|
Jill and I are having a blast meeting with new Man in the Mirror ministry partners nearly every day. There truly is joy in the journey, knowing we’ve never been better prepared or more called than now! We’ve had some great conversations with friends over shared meals, coffee dates, and tasty desserts. We never imagined this could be so much fun! Our sights are set on 100% funding in 100 days—finishing December 31, 2019.
Prayer & Praise:
- Praise for God’s power to save Chance and revive many others at a recent Men’s Summit.
- Praise for specific answers to prayer, and several unanticipated financial blessings.
- Please pray for my thorough assimilation of training materials while in Orlando, October 5-11.
- Pray for new and lasting friendships to be started while at Area Director Certification (ADC).
- Pray for our family’s faith to increase even more during this time of transition.
- Pray for God’s favor as we continue in Ministry Partner Development (MPD) leading to full funding by December 31, 2019.
CoraMae is our 3-year-old granddaughter (Luke and Hannah’s number 3). She got into the mascara and wanted to celebrate with her eyes. Apparently, “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree” in the humor department!